This is one of many attempts at blogging. You will likely find errors in spelling, structure, etc. It won't be perfect here. But it will be a place to share news and tips, to discuss and learn. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I hope to.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Avon Walk for Breast Cancer - June 2-3, 2007

http://walk.avonfoundation.org/site/PageServer?pagename=chic_home_2k7

Okay, so I just became an Avon lady and I'm thinking about doing the Avon Walk for Breast I don't think there is a big name walk for Osteo Sarcome. But watch out when I blow up, they'll be a walk. I mean a cancer that takes your leg should have a walk, shouldn't it!!!! Okay, end rant.
Its 2 days and 39 miles. Okay, don't panic, they have training and they have walking buddies to show you how to do it. I really want to do this and am thinking about setting up a team. I mean its over 4 months away so why not, right? Okay, so think about that. Maybe this could be a big summer Charity thing and an excuse to make Bella-Chicago T-shirts. Bella-Chicago is a networking group that I'm trying to get going...i have design ideas.

I'd like to get a group together from all ages and walks of life to walk, be crew, volunteer and donate. I think that would be so awesome. I like doing walks. I feel really good doing them, raising money for good causes and fighting disease - especially Diabetes and Cancer...MS is another one.

I'm thinking that the one legged girl doing a 39 mile walk is a great way to raise money for charity, who do you know that isn't going to donate when I ask them. They are also going to ask me if I'm crazy but they'll donate.

To quote the 'great poet-philosphers,' SaltNPepa, "She use what she got to get whatever she don't got.."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should totally do the walk! I think it's fabulous doing a walk with a prothesis. Talk about inspiring! And I can definitely see you inspiring a walk for your own unique cancer too. Behind you all the way!

Love, Angie

KeepUpDawg said...

I didn't end up doing the Avon Walk this year but check out my post about the Corporate Challenge!