This is one of many attempts at blogging. You will likely find errors in spelling, structure, etc. It won't be perfect here. But it will be a place to share news and tips, to discuss and learn. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I hope to.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Operation Complete, Day 1: Reading Theology

Last night, my mentor suggested that I go to the office each day and do something every morning until I get the work done. It sounded smart. Lew is working, the Captain is at school and Lance is usually sleep. No excuses really. Just fear of the mountain of work. But one day at a time sounds doable. So I agreed.

Today, I brought "The Responsibility of the Church for Society" by H. Richard Niebuhr, "Liberation and Reconciliation" by J. Deotis Roberts and "Pragmatic Spirituality" by Gayraud S. Wilmore today. I'm going to read and take notes and think. I brought more than one in case I get bored.

For support and encouragement. I sent a text to the Director of Ministry and I'm about to send a text to my mentor. I posted my books on Facebook. I'm beginning today. Very exciting and scary but I'll get it done.

Gonna post my ideas and thoughts here as I go along. It's nice to sit and work and occasionally look down at a cute little sleeping baby. Yey. Life is good. Here I go!

1 comment:

KeepUpDawg said...

Wow, I did that all of one day. I'm going to have to think of something else. Boo.